Prev: [DSII] AAR, Ambush of Convoy 382 Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

Re: [FT] Railguns

From: "Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:43:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Railguns

Tony writes:
>Rick Rutherford wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
>> > Railguns
>> >
>> > Class 1 RAILGUN - 1 MASS, 6-arc fire
>> >
>> > Class 2 RAILGUN - 3 MASS, 3-arc fire
>> >
>> > Class 3 RAILGUN - 7 MASS, 1-arc fire
>>
>> Personally, I don't like it -- Railguns are still moew deadly than
beam
>> weapons when they hit, so the old "1 arc per railgun" limit should
still
>> apply.
>>
>I have to agree - the whole 'flavour' of the Kra'Vak models is that of
>fixed, forward firing weapons rather than anything turreted / phased
etc.

Ditto. In addition, the Kra'Vak have their turn-on-a-dime
MANEUVERABILITY
to make up for lack of extra arcs. Or have y'all forgotten 'bout that?
;^)

Mk
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: [DSII] AAR, Ambush of Convoy 382 Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak