Prev: RE: [FT] Railguns Next: Re: [FT] Railguns

Re: [FT] Railguns

From: "Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 16:02:36 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Railguns

>Rerolls:
[...]
>earthshaking.	How can one logically justify the reroll on a beam
weapon and
>not on a railgun.  A reroll represents particularly nasty and lucky
shot. ...

Alternatively, one could look at it that a railgun just sends a single
chunk of mass into a ship, whereas a beam weapon may be 'raking' along
the ship, spreading out it's potential damage, and thus the reroll idea.

Not that I'm against railguns having or not having rerolls. Just thought
I'd toss that out there since you kinda asked.	;-)

(ps: Matt, for the record, I think my turnaround times on msgs is under
10 minutes - woo! :)

Mk
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: RE: [FT] Railguns Next: Re: [FT] Railguns