Prev: Re: Homepage GZG History Next: (no subject)

Re: Scratch-building Re: More Spiney Bits

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:37:02 -0600
Subject: Re: Scratch-building Re: More Spiney Bits

Totally kewl stuff. I picked up a bunch of 'miniature' ornaments at an
after Xmas sale. Inch long icicles, and pointed at one end/spherical in
the
center, just like 50's sci fi cover art, 'glass' ornaments. Before I had
seen MT, I was going to do a scenerio of bio ships (icicles), but they
rammed the human ships, then gestated, until the ship exploded into more
bio ships.

Wish I'd had followed it out...

The_Beast

Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@mail.utexas.edu> on 11/23/98 12:38:39 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 To:	  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

>At 14:05 20/11/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I just went to the local acrylic store, and picked up several 1/16th,
>1/8th, and 3/16th inch rods, as well as some small spheres to use as
>central bodies for making some minis.
>
>Grand total cost $3.20 US, and I now have enough materials to make a
pretty
>sizable fleet.
>

>Schoon

I picked up a string of plastic "icicles" in the holiday decorations
section at a local crafts store recently with a similar idea in mind.
They
are spiral-shaped, irridescent silvery-white and come in three different
sizes.

Jeff

Prev: Re: Homepage GZG History Next: (no subject)