Prev: DS2 Resins to FT or FTFB Mass Next: Re: Scratch-building Re: More Spiney Bits

Re: Homepage GZG History

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:36:13 -0800
Subject: Re: Homepage GZG History

I have three comments...

How many pages on the GZG list have little snippets of the rules books
on them or terms used from published GZG works? Most all of them, I'd
say. I think at the minimum the page in question should include a little
blurb acknowledging the GZG-copywrited material used as well as some
blurb that the use is not a challenge to said work. It's easy enough to
borrow a stadard copywright notice from one of the other FT pages on the
web.

As for content, I think we could use some place on the web that
summarizes the history.  I think it's a sales point when you are
theinking of buying a new SF game. You want to know what's the
background like etc. And before someome blurts out how FT is generic, I
think it's still good to point out that they do have their own
background and it's quite a good one, since that's a large reason why
some people get into a new rules set.

Finally I realize having read that page that my Rot hafen story takes
palce in 2193, ten years after the first mysterious contact with the KV.
That I planned. But what I missed out on was that there was a major war
fought with the KV in the mid eighties. So what I might due is change
the year that the story takes place and kick it back to like 2184 or 86.
I'll look into it more and pick a good year. I just want to sink the
battle with teh officail timeline a little better.

Los

Mike.Elliott@bull.co.uk wrote:

> Hmmm, are you sure you are not in breach of copyright here? What does
> Jon
> T. think?
>
> Mike Elliott
>
> "Colin Nash" <cmnash@dirtside.freeserve.co.uk>
> 20/11/98 22:24
>
> Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
>
> To:	FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> cc:	 (bcc: Mike Elliott/UK/BULL)
> Subject:  Homepage
>
> I've just put my first page on to the web, folks (try not to laugh too
>
> much), nothing much to see, but I have typed up GZG's future history
> from
> the FT rulebooks.
>
> Check it out & let me know if there's anything obvious missing
>
> http://www.dirtside.freeserve.co.uk/
>
> Cheers
>
> Colin

___