Prev: Re: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!

RE: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB!

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 19:01:52 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB!

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Barclay [mailto:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca]

>With Plasma Guns (what Brian was thinking of) and PA for each of
>the ambushers, I don't think this is a problem. He would just split
>the 4 man squads into two man fire elements, and engage each APC with
>2 Plasma Guns. Not good for the APCs. That would let him hit 8
>vehicles at once. Some would be further away than others, but ideally
>(from a gaming perspective) the defender would like to have one or
>two vehicles survive (else if everything is dead, no fun to be had).
>Maybe this is a hasty ambush so they only had the forces available
>and no time to mine? Maybe it is a blocking/screening force?

Hay Tom,

Hmm, All PA eh? Not being familiar with the Traveller tech I thought he
was
just using really effective armour! Well PA removes the worries about
own
vehicle support. The woods environment can play havoc with his LOS. he
he
he.

The ambush game we did with the Ambush force consisting of 2 Size Two
Walkers and 6 Size One Walkers against a Victim force of 4 squads
mounted in
Size Two wheeled APCs was not teh easy walker-over one would have
thought.
Even teh best ambushes can really screw up...........

Cheers,

Owen

Prev: Re: [SG] Ambushing was RE: [SG2] Need Help with Scenario OOB! Next: Re: Infantry Walkers!