Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! Next: RE: Infantry Walkers!

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:52:35 +0000
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

At 19:56 21/11/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Fratricide in the Gulf War wasn't as terrible as most people think. It
was
just way
>more noticable because of the lack of total casualities.

	Still bad if you are on the recieveing end. Friendly fire -
aint!

>To twist this thread back to DS, I'm very cuious about the game's fire
control
>systems. Where would a modern tank lie in the Basic, Enhanced, and
Advanced order of
>things? The reason why I ask is because I'm seriously thinking about
trying to
>convert an ancient game called "Laser and Sabot" to DS. LS was a minis
game that
>featured an alien invasion during the early 90's. I didn't care much
for
the game as
>it stood, but I loved the concept. The Aliens used 'Hover Armor'...
vehicles that
>used a sort of contra-grav drive. They were fast, but thinly armored.
Their guns
>were somewhat better than Terran guns, but not by much.
>
>In that game I'm thinking about using this:
>
>Russian T-62 and older tanks: Basic FC
>Modern US and NATO tanks, plus T-72 and better Soviet: Intermediate
>Alien Hov Armor: Advanced
>
>All Russian tanks and Western tanks (up to the 70's) use HVCs
>Modern Western tanks use HKPs up to class 4
>Aliens use HELs, MDCs, and DFFGs.
>
>Both sides use missiles, however Terran units my only use Enhanced and
Basic for
>their missiles. SLAMs are only used by helecopters.
>
>What do ya'll think?

	The Modern Tanks thread basically came to this conclusion but it
looks
about right for this sort of set up. As a balancer you could allow the
Earthies to have Heavy Artillery, this being things like the Russian
240mm
mortar and Scuds and their ilk, but the aliens have only up to Medium.
Ortillery would be nasty.
	Be interesting to see the Aliens (very small force) take on the
Russians
(HUGE).

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Infantry Walkers! Next: RE: Infantry Walkers!