Prev: Re: GMS Fire control Next: RE: [DS2] Vehicle Design Application

RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 23:31:09 -0600
Subject: RE: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

At approximately 11/19/98 10:16 PM,  Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

>Let the K'V hull chart read somthing more like:
>
>Fragile - 10% of total Mass - Hull boxes=15% of Mass
>Weak - 20% of total Mass - Hull Boxes=30% of Mass
>Average - 30% of total Mass - Hull boxes=45% of Mass
>Strong - 40% of total Mass - Hull boxes=60% of Mass
>Super - 50% of total Mass - Hull boxes=75% of Mass

I like this, it's simple and changes little with the current system for
2.5.

>Cost = 1.5 per Mass
>
>You might up the cost to two and give them an amount of "free" armor
with
>the hull as well.

I'd go ahead and adjust the cost to 2 per mass.  It makes them a bit
more
expensive than the same sized human ship, however I've always been in
the
camp of costing things a tad bit more expensive than the straight
forward
conversion might suggest.  Maybe armor should be altered to - 1.5 armor
per mass at double the cost per mass.

Being able to jam more of this lower cost stuff on a ship hull makes
them
a little more deceptive and efficient.	It also gives a good reason
(point wise) for the KV to stay with armor over shields as mass for mass

armor will provide more defense (hence also the reason for doubling as
there was concern that armor may already be more efficient than shields
-
IIRC).

I don't like the "free" armor part.  It's harder to balance the point
system and makes it more likely to need a total mass per armor chart or
some other system that easier to exploit advantages (like cut off or
rounds off).

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com		 sage@wamnet.com
Rochester  MN  USA		 WAM!NET

Prev: Re: GMS Fire control Next: RE: [DS2] Vehicle Design Application