Prev: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

Infantry Walkers!

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:57:57 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Infantry Walkers!

	Greetings!

	Riddle me this...

	What do people think about infantry walkers?

	I love 'em.  They have that "sci-fi" feel to them, they can be
moderately well armed, and they have a good deal of mobility.  True,
they
don't have much in the way of armour, but they are cheaper than a tank
(well, in theory).  Nice close infantry support...

	We use the plethora of Heavy Gear figs to represent infantry
walkers, with different ranges asigned to different
nationalities/polities.  The larger Mammoths and Nagas also make for
GREAT
size 3-5 combat walkers.

	However, not everyone in our group shares my enthusiasm.  A few
of
us really do not think that they are worth it, due to their low armour
rating.  They would prefer powered armour or APCs.  A number of infantry
walkers DO get slagged in our games, primarily due to the number of
IAVRs
and GMS/Ps out there.  All of our games are rough on vehicles.

	What do other people think?  Do you find them worthwhile?

	I know Owen Glover posted a scenario some time back, with a
number
of size 1 and 2 infantry walkers ambushing a column of infantry and
vehicles.  I would LOVE to try that.

	On an ancillary note; how do you all find vehicles in SGII?  Do
they have a high survival rate on table?

	I am just starting to paint up a bunch of walkers for DSII, so I
have yet to find out their value in that scale.  I think that they have
role...in theory.

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules Next: Re: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak