Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

[FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 01:07:58 -0800
Subject: [FTFB] Fleet Book Kra'Vak

OK, how's this for on-topic?

I've got a small task force's worth of K'V minis which I'd love to get
into a Full Thrust game under fleet book rules.  So, as per
conversations some time ago with Los, I've started converting them using
More Thrust weights for railguns and scatterpacks,
and 90 degree firing arcs for K'V.

Keeping the same weapons fit as the More Thrust Kra'Vak, one gets the
following results:

http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/KV.html

in tabular form.  Notice I'm not worrying about firing arcs in this,
just number of batteries and mass they take up.  I'm more or less happy
with most of the capital ships,  I had to fudge some of the results for
the escorts, but the whole bracket from Light Cruiser/Hunter all the way
to Battlecruiser just doesn't feel right.  If I use the high speeds of
More Thrust, and average hulls, then I can't stick enough armor on to
'feel' right to me.  Any suggestions?  Should I use weaker hulls and
more armor?  Adjust the weapons load-out?  Slow down the cruisers?  Slit
my wrists?

Hint, hint here:  I'd really like to hear from people who've used K'V in
FT:FB battles.	*cough*likerothafenforinstance*cough*  :)

While I'm at it, I redid my Law Enforcement page IAW Mr. Barclay's
Non-lethal weapons rules, use above URL but substitute /cops.html

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres