Prev: Re: Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [OT][WWII] Maus debate

RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:10:00 +1000
Subject: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne [mailto:w.pollerd@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au]

SNIPPITY SNIP

>roll all the dice when they fired as a squad.	(eg.  9 man Regular OU
squad
>mounted on gravbikes with SAW's.  2 guys fire their ACR giving a D4, 7
guys
>fire their bike mounted SAWs giving 7 D8s plus an additional D8 for
>quality.  This is alot of fire power no matter how you look at it and
if
>they where rotary type SAW's with D10 fire power I think even power
armour
>would melt before this hail of fire.)

Hi Wayne, I think we are going off on different angles here. My point
about
the firepower was referring to the fact that mounting Heavy Weapons on
the
Grav Bikes is actually less effective against the infantry in SG than
the
MGs are (after all the HEL is meant for use against vehicles rather than
softskin grunts).

If you are looking to play Mounted Infantry, then don't arm the MCs. I
think
too many people make too much of the: Size 1 Vehicle therefore it MUST
have
the free SAW as described in the SG Rules. You've done some fine rules
suggestions on the morale, mounting/dismounting etc. My suggestion is to
keep things simple and use you MCs as unarmed vehicles. After all they
will
be used totally differently to teh Grav Bikes.

Cheers,

Owen

Prev: Re: Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [OT][WWII] Maus debate