Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2]

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:24:29 +1300
Subject: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2]

Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> wrote:
>Anyone have any suggestions for alternate (and perhaps more deadly)
>area or theatre based anti-armour systems? Specifically those
>deployed by air, arty or rocket launcher?
    See my site here:
	http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/ARTY.HTM
    for this:

GMS ammunition for artillery
----------------------------
This ammunition system models the Copperhead round fired by the M109
Paladin
155mm SP artillery, and the Strix 120mm mortar rounds.

    and this:

Very Heavy Artillery
--------------------
Very heavy artillery (VHA) is a size 8 weapon (for weapons fit
purposes). It
causes 4 chits to be drawn for every element firing on VEHICLE elements;
5
chits to be drawn for every element firing on INFANTRY elements. Points
cost
would be 400 for VHA system, MAK/HEF/DPL ammunition markers cost 50 ×
weapons in battery. The VHA system takes up 24 capacity points and
carries
up to three ammunition markers. Each ammunition marker takes up 8 units
of
space

    See my site here:
	http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/EW.HTM
    for this:

Size Class 3, 4 & 5 GMS
-----------------------
Think of these as big Surface to Surface (SSM) or Surface to Air (SAM)
Missile systems, much like 1,000lb/500Kg (or bigger!) laser guided
bombs,
but with fire & forget and powered flight capabilities. Damage
validities as
per GMS/L and GMS/H. GMS/3 can be carried by VTOLs and Aerospace craft
as
they are a size class 3 weapon.

    See also More Thrust (GZG) for Ortillery.

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to translate these systems from
DSII to SGII.

Of course, the most effect assault breaker is nuke when your own troops
aren't looking.

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules