Prev: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2] Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules

Re: Supertank?

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:32:05 -0800
Subject: Re: Supertank?

Adrian Johnson wrote:

> The Canadian military is putting into service a series of armoured
vehicles
> based around the Swiss MOWAG chassis (rather modified).  We sell a
version
> of this to the US as the LAV25 (for the Marines), and to Australia, I
think

Sweet vehicle!	I've been a fan of buying them for use in our US Army
light units, an idea which perpetually gets kicked around and rejected
on the grounds that there is no way we could ever copy the Marines.
Humbug.

> Saudi Arabia, etc.  There are several versions (an APC, a mortar
carrier, a
> TOW vehicle, a specialized recce vehicle, maybe an ARV, a command
> vehicle/ambulance, etc) - most slightly different than the LAV25 (our

Yup.  Definitely an ARV--I've got the minis!  I use various LAV
incarnations for my Akritai.  The LAV-25 is the light tank, and I use
the logistical varient (boxier rear and no turret) as an APC.  Plus
mortars, Tank Destroyer w/ GMS/H (another vehicle which has done some
serious damage in the past).  Used properly, my Akritai can hold their
own against real troops--not bad for border guards.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Assault Breaker system [SG2] [DS2] Next: RE: 25mm Grav Bikes and Rules