Prev: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2]

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@w...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:43:19 -0000
Subject: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2]

> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:49:13	 Thomas Anderson wrote:

> I'm coming in to this thread a bit late, but has anyone discussed the
fact
> that there may not be a lot of space that's convenient for PA (or even
> infantry) to ride on? With small, remote controlled weapons and
rounded,
> organic-looking hulls to increase stealth and lower profiles, it might
be
> hard to find any convenient place to stand, sit, or even hang on.

On the other hand....

There's a novel, "The War in 2020", which featured some Soviet (oops)
tanks with remote turrets. This meant that there was actually more
room on top of the hull for infantry (actually refugees in the book)
to ride.

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve.pugh@dial.pipex.com>

Prev: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres