Prev: Re: GEV capabilities Next: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2]

Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2]

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:35:05 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2]

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Brian Burger wrote:
> ESU: "Ve must haf vodka. Those damn infantry haf drunk all our tank's
> vodka". The FSE: "Quartermaster, put zee good wine in, not this
colonial
> slop!" The ex-Brit NAC units, when operating in tropical enviroments,
get
> gin & tonic...
>
> (no more silly stereotypes, I promise!)

"give me stereotypes, or give me death!". Swabian QM units are stocked
up
with thirty different kinds of beer. you can probably get sausages and
sauerkraut through a tube if it is big enough.

> The nutrient paste I mentioned above would probably be designed to be
> low-bulk, so as to limit output of, well, solid wastes. I understand
that
> NASA uses low-bulk food for the shuttle crews, for the same reason.

absolutely; the traditional last meal of astronauts on earth, eaten
before
blastoff, is steak and eggs as it is all protein and fat, and so leaves
no solid residues to be ... er ... 'eliminated', as we biologists say. i
don't know if they have a vegetarian or vegan option. this may be why
there is no european manned space program - a cup of coffee on an empty
stomach is not the best thing to have just before blastoff, given the
effects of caffeine on the kidneys ...

Tom

Prev: Re: GEV capabilities Next: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2]