Prev: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [ds] supporting sources

Re: [ds] supporting sources

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:14:46 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [ds] supporting sources

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Kenneth Winland wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Thomas Anderson wrote:
> > of course you do! example:
> > - 'A History of the Kasika Incidents', RM McDonald, Oxford
University
> > Press 2135
>	Now THAT is cool!  A great idea for flavour and verite...<g>

not entirely original on my part - consult your gzg rulebooks for
further examples, inc a great description of why tanks and towns don't
mix
(and when are we getting rules for monofilament neckchoppers?) and the
ft
timeline, which is an extract from a book.

i'd add that ft's classic 'allie nakamura woke up in hell ...' is
substantially better than the honor harrison books ...

>	Some of the Mobile Suit Gundam books had sections where they
> cited future works.  There was even an entire book of "photos" (all
art)
> that told the story of the war (sometime in the 22nd century), with
mock
> bios of the photojournalists and mock references.

we can also cite (if you can cite video) the b5 ISN special, where the
story was told from the point of view of a news crew. anyway, if you can
dress up fiction as establishment media, it gets more convincing. this
is
well-known to writers of history books ...

Tom

Prev: Re: GEV capabilities, was RE:Tank Riders {SG2] Next: Re: [ds] supporting sources