Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Autumn Assault 98 Post-Event Blurb

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:53:03 -0500
Subject: Autumn Assault 98 Post-Event Blurb

When: Sat Nov 14 1998
Where: Ottawa
What:
2 Stargrunt Scenarios
EFSB Scenario
FT Scenario

FT was big NAC fleet (probably about 7-8 heavy capitals, plus
cruisers, frigates, destroyers, corvettes, and lots of fighter
groups) vs. a Savasku fleet. Maybe Tom will post how this one came
out as he ran it.

EFSB was Narn vs. Centauri with the Centauri trying to kill a big
huge monster called the BinTak. Good battle apparently. Excellent
painted minis.

SG2 #1 was Coup D'Etoile which was also known as Junta Grunt. Based
off the boardgame Hunta, players played factions (army, navy, air
force, police, president, and maybe some others). They all vied to
control objective buildings and either support or destroy El
Presidente. Playtests I played were a hoot. Treachery and violence...
and all in the spirit of fun.

SG2 #2 was my event, an OU/UN assault versus an LLAR/NSL held
position. I am working on a detailed AAR with photos of before,
during and after the battle, as well as OBs, analysis, and pointers
to some rules we used. A good fight. Will post links to the AAR later
this week - to whichever list seems appropriate....

These events were sponsored jointly by Geo-Hex (Thanks KR!), Ground
Zero (Thanks Jon T), and Eureka (Thanks Nic!). No one went away empty
handed who played in these scenarios, and several sets of various
rules were handed out - new blood for the machine! The minis were
well recieved too. The players involved, and also some number of
interested passers-by were given some bumpf which listed
distributors, net resources, and a bit about each of the GZG games.
Thanks to all the sponsors, I think a very good impression was made.
Thanks to Tom, and Jim and Dean who ran the other events.

See you in the funny papers.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks. Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres