Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 15:29:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

	Greetings!

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Kenneth Winland wrote:
>
> Source?  Considering I just posted details of four M1A1(HA)s being
> knocked out by enemy action, I'd say whereever you got your info is a
> little unreliable.  Or maybe using an interesting definition of
knocked
> out.

	Steve Zaloga.  M1 Abrams (1982-1992).  New Vanguard.  1993.
	ISBN 1-85532-283-8
	There is some great ancillary info in a back issue of Jane's
Defense Weekly about 2 years back.  The issue should be on their
website.

	The information was drawn from official US Army documents,
members of the VII Corp, General Dynamics, Aberdeen Proving Ground, etc.

Official US sources indicate that there were 18 cases of combat damage
M1A1s.	Nine were classed as permanent losses, all due to fratricide.
Nine other were damaged by RPGs, mines, etc. and were 'considered'
repairable.

> Again, bullshit.  Already posted source.  You do the same.  Cite
source,
> or retract.

	The source is above.  Information is culled from official
military
and civilian sources and accounts.

	What source are you taking your data from?  Clancy?

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: [DS] Tank designs was Re: [ds] Ogres