Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks Next: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:57:58 +1300
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

Chen-Song Qin <cqin@ee.ualberta.ca> wrote:
>Remember that not all tanks have the perfectly efficient design where
>everything is fit in exactly under the limit.	There could be a lot of
>slack.
    Be prepared to give a little slack on vehicle capacity requirements.
would allow +2 capacity points extra to make sure things fit properly.
Excess capacity can be assumed to be wasted or due to inefficiencies of
the
design or allowance for future requirements. For the Challenger example,
the
designers could have left room for a PDS to be developed in, say, the
next
ten years. Or extra layers of armour.

>Also, I think the size should be relative depending on the game
>background played.  If the game is purely modern, then a Challenger may
>well be a size 5 or 6, since it's one of the largest tanks in the world
>currently.  But if some kind of futuistic/alien force is used alongside
>more "modern" force, the size has to be scaled down accordingly.  e.g.
>make a Challenger a size 3 if the largest tanks available are huge grav
>tanks.
    While that could be done, remember that human beings can't be scaled
down that much. Some of the vehicles involved carry infantry and so
can't be
scaled like you suggest. For example, if you design a Challenger as size
6,
the Warrior IFV comes out as size 3, with your scaling the Challenger is
reduced to size 3, the Warrior IFV is size 1.5? with dwarvish infantry?
    It's probably better to have the huge grav tanks as being size 9 or
there abouts.

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks Next: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.