Prev: RE: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: LA FAYETTE INCIDENT

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:46:13 -0800
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

Brian Burger wrote:

> I assume this is for moderns-only DS2, and not M1a1 vs future tech
stuff.
> If it's for moderns vs futuretech, then I think you're being way, way
> generous to modern western armour.
>
> If it's for moderns-only, I still think you might be being too
generous -
> it is possible to kill an M1, and they don't automatically kill
anything
> that comes into range. They're very very very tough, and very lethal,
but
> I do think you're being too generous.

Let's not forget--M-1A1 (HA)s have been spanked thoroughly by BMPs and
T-62s, and once by an RPG that got into the turret ring.  Ooops.

When I play the straight modern games, they are Size 4, Armor 4R
(Simulates greater effectiveness of Composite armor, I know they don't
have reactive armor), Fast Tracked, with Superior FiCon, HVC/5, and
2xAPSWs (Co-ax, .50 cal.  The loader shouldn't have his ass hanging out
the turret playing infantryman.  He should be loading.)

When I'm using my modern minis to simulate lower-tech GZG-verse troopies
(Americans with grav scout vehicles become the Sword of the Messiah, the
Georgian troops), they are pretty much the same, but downgraded to Enh
FiCon and upgraded to Enh ECM, and no Reactive armor.  I don't think
we'd be seeing any straight unmodified 200-year old vehicles in 2183 any
more than we see modern armies using Brown Besses and smoothbore 9lbrs.
YMMV, of course.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: SGII Newbie Question Next: Re: LA FAYETTE INCIDENT