Prev: Re: LAFAYETTE Next: Re: HO/20MM grav vehicles etc...

RE: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:16:35 -0000
Subject: RE: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement)

>Depends which way Matt wants to play it. If he wants to take
>it over to his
>server (which might be a better option TBH) we need to set the
>new list up
>and either we all go and sub to that *or* (if he can do it that way) I
>supply him with a list of all the subscribers emails and he
>'creates' the
>new lists membership from that.

All un-sub from BI and then re-sub to colorado would
probably be best. Those who don't want to join the new list
don't have to and at least the others will get the join message
from the new server. If people want to join for the digest then
they can make that choice at Join time. This gives the benefit
of losing those who are not that bothered anymore.

The new server join message needs to be created to have the
copyright disclaimer, list rules and the GZG Meta FAQ, plus the
usual list server command summary.

If the BI server list shuts down on a given day then use of the old
address will just bounce back which should give people a clue
that the list is gone.

Its your call admin, this is just a users view.

FYI the majordomo list server commands are summarised on the
FT Computer Core page for the Computer Discussion list. Just
so people will know whats available on a new server.

--------
Tim Jones tim.jones@smallworld.co.uk
FT Computer Core - your one stop shop:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/index.html
--------

Prev: Re: LAFAYETTE Next: Re: HO/20MM grav vehicles etc...