Prev: Re: [ds] Ogres Next: HO/20MM grav vehicles etc...

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 01:43:56 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

	Howdy!

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Andrew & Alex wrote:

> Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@idirect.com> wrote:
> >I agree here - a Bradley IFV is heavier than an M113 because it is
denser
> >(thicker armour).  It isn't really bigger, and an M113 holds more
troops.

>     Well, according to Jane's Tank Recognition Guide, the Bradley IFV
is
> heavier and larger than the M113. According to my rule of thumb and my
> design, the M113 is VSC:2 and the Bradley is VSC:3.

	Both would probably be classed as Size 3.  Having played around
in
both, the Bradley is not that much bigger than an M113, although it is a
LOT heavier.

>     The reason why the Bradley holds less troops than the M113, is
because
> the Bradley has a turret holding a 25mm autocannon (DSII RFAC/1) and a
twin
> TOW ATGW launcher. These take up space.
>     In my DSII design, the Bradley ends up like this:
> VSC:3, Armour 3R, CFE, Fast Tracked, River Amphibious;
> Extra APSW, RFAC/1, enhanced FC, GMS/L Basic, 2 × (3 man Infantry
teams).

	Armour 3?  It's not THAT well armoured.  It is better armoured
than the M113, but M113 drivers prefer the latter because it is MUCH
more
maneuverable...

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: Re: [ds] Ogres Next: HO/20MM grav vehicles etc...