Prev: 婇⁇楆瑣潩썒璶䠠晡湥 Next: Re: [ds] Ogres

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 01:33:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

	Greetings!

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Andrew & Alex wrote:

> > Simple formulae fall apart in vehicle size estimations.  Common
> >sense, real-world design philosophy, and a little guesstimation work
a LOT
> >better.
>     Agreed. This is what my rule of thumb is used for - to get the
initial
> starting point for vehicle size class (VSC). For the Maus, this
formula is
> still effective, in that the DSII model of a Maus has to have a VSC of
at
> least 6, and probably a lot higher!

	Probably not TOO much higher... :)  Size 6 should be accurate.

>     For the several hundred vehicles in Jane's Tank Recognition guide,
this
> rule of thumb is very effective.

	Your rule of thumb tends to undersize lighter vehicles and
oversize heavier vehicles.  For those in the middle, it approximates
adequately.

	We tend to look at the vehicle in question (be it a sci-fi model
or the stats of a real-life vehicle) and simply guesstimate volume,
silhouette, and mass as it relates to Size.  With a range of 1-6
(usually), it is pretty straightforward.

	Laterish!

	Ken

Prev: 婇⁇楆瑣潩썒璶䠠晡湥 Next: Re: [ds] Ogres