Prev: RE: FT : EW & Boarding Parties Next: Re: The Vector Dilemma

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:58:32 +1300
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@idirect.com> wrote:
>I agree here - a Bradley IFV is heavier than an M113 because it is
denser
>(thicker armour).  It isn't really bigger, and an M113 holds more
troops.

    Well, according to Jane's Tank Recognition Guide, the Bradley IFV is
heavier and larger than the M113. According to my rule of thumb and my
design, the M113 is VSC:2 and the Bradley is VSC:3.
    The reason why the Bradley holds less troops than the M113, is
because
the Bradley has a turret holding a 25mm autocannon (DSII RFAC/1) and a
twin
TOW ATGW launcher. These take up space.
    In my DSII design, the Bradley ends up like this:
VSC:3, Armour 3R, CFE, Fast Tracked, River Amphibious;
Extra APSW, RFAC/1, enhanced FC, GMS/L Basic, 2 × (3 man Infantry
teams).
    In my DSII design, the M113 (Zelda) looks like this:
VSC:2, Armour 2R, CFE, Slow Tracked, River Amphibious;
2 × Extra APSW, 2 × (5 man Infantry teams).

    River Amphibious is to indicate that the vehicle can cross calm
water,
not water with waves like the sea.
    Note that while both vehicles have 2 DSII infantry teams occupying
the
same amount of space, the number of people in each team is different. I
did
this to better reflect the vehicle designs and to give a base of fire
with
two manoeuvre elements. It also reflects advances in technology between
the
two vehicles.

>Can you not have something like:
>size 3 vehicle, with size 2 equivalent armour.
    You can in the DSII rules.

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: RE: FT : EW & Boarding Parties Next: Re: The Vector Dilemma