Prev: Re: A sad(?) announcement Next: Re: The Vector Dilema

RE: A sad(?) announcement

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 17:15:31 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: A sad(?) announcement

Jonathan White wrote:
> This morning I handed in my notice at BI. I'm off to a new job at the
> beginnning of December.

[falls of chair]

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Tim Jones wrote:
> As for alternatives there are lashing of free email list and forums
> up for grabs - just need to get organised and find the most
appropriate
> platform. I think people would prefer a mail list server if anyone
> has one with the capacity and the time to run it.

i think it would be better to have one living on a university machine -
for technical reasons (reliability, connection to a good network,
flexibility) and moral ones - universities (and allied entities such as
bolton institute) have long been the guardians of knowledge and free
speech, two principles which i think are dear to all our hearts.

> I'd like to thank JW for his years of sterling efforts
> Hip
> Hip

HOORAY!

might i add that jon has been a model listfuhrer - strict but fair,
tolerant but with a hard edge. the good of the community was always
uppermost in his mind, or something.

Tom

Prev: Re: A sad(?) announcement Next: Re: The Vector Dilema