Prev: Re: Ogres, Bolos, and GZG...... Next: Re: SG2 vehicles

Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:09:29 +0000
Subject: Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT]

>Adrian spake thusly upon matters weighty:
>
>You'd think the shock would mess you up. Specially since they
>probably couldn't medicate you quick enough so you didn't feel it,
>and just the loss of feeling in the limb would be jarring. I'm
>thinking in any case you are a casualty (of course, if they can hook
>right into your nerve system then all bets are off).

This is from vague memory of reading The Forever War a long while back,
but
I seem to remember something about the casualty being pumped full of
"No-Shock(TM) and Happy Juice" (or some similar phrase) by the suit's
Med
system at the time the leg is snipped. And yes, IIRC the trooper in
question is definitely out of combat from then on (as (i) he's off with
the
fairies due to the medication and (ii) he can't stand up one one leg
even
in a powersuit....).

Jon (GZG)

>> One of the power-armour science fiction stories I've read (maybe the
>> Forever War???) had the suits with this kind of built-in medical
functions.
>>  They had razor-sharp iris valves at each joint in the arms and legs,
so if
>> you had a massive wound/suit penetration (especially in
zero-atmosphere or