Prev: Re: New Interesting Tech [SG2] or [OT] Next: Re: Ogres, Bolos, and GZG......

Re: SG2 vehicles

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:09:29 +0000
Subject: Re: SG2 vehicles

>A useful URL for a figure range I haven't seen before is:
>
>http://www.btinternet.com/~ainsty/index.htm
>
>Does anyone have any of these?

Haven't been and looked at these yet, but I assume from the URL that
this
is Ainsty Casting, a small firm that has just bought up the old SVF
(Special Vehicle Force) range. Some interesting resin stuff, looks nice
when well assembled and painted but I've heard from others who've bought
them that they can be a bit of a s*d to assemble well - the "Spider
walker"
and Robots stuff in particular have dozens of little metal rods, tubes
and
pistons that make up the legs etc. Many of the items are better suited
advanced modellers than to gamers who want to get stuff onto the table
quickly. I haven't seen what Ainsty are doing with the range, but I knew
the old SVF line well.

Jon (GZG)