Prev: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare) Next: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi?

Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

From: David <dluff@e...>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 06:26:13 -0500
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

Brian Burger wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Rick Norman wrote:
>
> > Watch a MkV (big,big, very big,)roll across the field, turning your
> > tanks into radioactive dust is scary and accurate to the system,
IMHO.

> > Rick
> >

> Actually, Ogres in DS2 tend to die. We've played (the group of us here
in
> Victoria) a couple games with Ogres, under various designs. They're
big
> targets, easy to hit, and you just whale on them until you draw a BOOM
or
> a big handful of reds. (or you get MDCs or DFFGs in close, and kill it
> that way. With four firecons and arty, Ogres kill several vehicles per
> turn. But there's lots of fire incoming...

We had the same problem with Ogres being killed easy so we came up with
a easy saving throw system and a morale system to see if thoughs green
troops route on seeing a 10,000 ton vehicle.  David
http://members.wbs.net/homepages/d/i/r/dirtsideii.html

> We've never used nukes, which would change things a lot - ds2 nukes
are
> much scarier than Ogre boardgame nukes. One of my regular gaming
partners
> has a whole load of Ogre minis, however, so he's still trying to find
> way to re-create their power in DS2 without going completely over the
top.

> DS2 is an armoured combat game - not a super tank game. Ogres tend to
bend
> the construction system a great deal, and the combat system even more.
> They are, however, very very cool...
>
> Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
> -- http://www.geocities.com/area51/nebula/9774 --DS2/SG2/gaming &
misc--

Prev: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare) Next: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi?