Prev: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi? Next: Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 00:54:07 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

ScottSaylo@aol.com wrote:

> Yes, it's too small for an infantry only company by a long-shot. It IS
NOT,
> however, an infantry only company I've described. It is a company
level
> combined arms force consisting of one 24 man infantry unit, to which
is
> attached an eight man armored infantry section AND a three tank tank
platoon,
> three wheeled APC's attached permanently to the infantry platoon
(adding in
> vehicle crews as part of the platoon adds six men to this 24 man total
which
> seems to bother you, A RAM light artillery vehicle, a command hover
car, and a
> wheeled AAA multi-barrel gun mount. This is a company size force in
anybody's
> books isn't it?!

That's only two platoons, a command element, and a pair of support
vehicles (My company teams generally have two tubes, but then again I
worship at the altar of the Holy Smoke).  APCs don't count as a seperate
platoon.  It's a short company, which is a perfectly valid, but somewhat
unusual situation unless a unit is badly shot up.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi? Next: Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)