Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare & Boarding Parties

Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 12:16:22 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

ScottSaylo@aol.com wrote:

> >24 infantry can make a company when other company elements are
armored and
> support. Check out your Task Force guidelines for modern US and RA
formations.
> platoons shuffled around to make up company sized task forces are the
rule -
> not the exception (besides theres also an eight man battle suit
squad).

Typically 3 maneuver (Infantry/Armor) elements in a company.  An
armor-heavy company could indeed be a platoon of mechanized grunts (only
a lunatic has light infantry trying to keep up with armor by jogging,
although in city fights it's a reasonable combo) with two platoons of
tanks or tank destroyers or whatever floats your boat.

But I wouldn't choose Stargrunt as the game to fight heavy armor
battles.  That's really a DSII thing, for reasons of weapon ranges.
Unless, again, you're fighting in the city or on the Golan Heights or
somewhere else where visibility is down to a couple hundred meters.  I
don't have any SGII vehicles, just because I happen to think the system
is handles infantry action far better and plays smoother if you don't
complicate things.  YMMV.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare & Boarding Parties