Prev: [FT] Electronic warfare lite Next: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 07:18:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

> We've never used nukes, which would change things a lot - ds2 nukes
are
> much scarier than Ogre boardgame nukes. One of my regular gaming
partners
> has a whole load of Ogre minis, however, so he's still trying to find
> way to re-create their power in DS2 without going completely over the
top.

Go over the top and see how it feels, then back it down as needed.
OGREs
are nothing if not "over-the-top" tanks.

> DS2 is an armoured combat game - not a super tank game. Ogres tend to
bend
> the construction system a great deal, and the combat system even more.
> They are, however, very very cool...

I wasn't actually thinking of using OGREs; it is certainly possible to
play
the game with only normal armored vehicles.  SJ Games website has links
archives which have a formula to generate new units.  If anyone wants,
email me and I'll attach a couple of HTML files to my response.
laserlight@cwix.com

Prev: [FT] Electronic warfare lite Next: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)