Prev: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown Next: Re: [fh] nac vexilliology was Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

RE: [SG2] [DS2] Logistics

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 14:02:00 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG2] [DS2] Logistics

Remember, that 4 tons per man includes life support & basic living
accommodation & facilitiesfor 1-2 weeks (minimum).  1 crew space in an
APC is usually nothing more than a jump seat, transporting the grunt
into a combat zone.

Also, when you actually draw deckplans of starships in scale (15mm or
25mm), 4 tons of space equates to a 3 x 4 m stateroom (at most) as the
extra tonnage includes corridors, lifesupport, food storage etc, etc.
(Sources: Traveller, Space Opera, Spacemaster et al.)

'Neath Southern Skies