Prev: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book Next: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 18:14:34 -0500
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Jeff Lyon wrote:
> If I remember my lectures from military history class correctly, a
silk
> tunic is actually a pretty good protection against arrows.  It didn't
> actually prevent them from penetrating the flesh, but it did sheath
the
> barbed head so that removal was much easier.

	I have a vague memory that the Incan, Aztecs, or one of those
	native South American ethnic groups had a sort of densely
	woven pancho that they would soak in water.
	The panchos would stop arrows, and even did a fair job
	defeating musket shots.

Prev: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book Next: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book