Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book

Re: [sg2] Non-lethal/riot weapons

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 18:10:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [sg2] Non-lethal/riot weapons

Brian Burger wrote:

> (I recall reading, somewhere, of Hungarians, during the 1956 Soviet
> invasion, putting soap on paved roads to destroy traction for all
sorts of
> vehicles, including tanks. This strikes me as a bit unlikely, but you
> never know. Anyone else heard this one, or can confirm/deny it?)

	I hadn't heard of them using soap, but I did read about
	them using empty gas cylinders from welding torches,
	which acted upon the tanks much as a handfull of marbles
	will act on a standing man.

	One group of Hungarians also managed to drop a high voltage
	power line on a tank, electrocuting the occupants.

	But mainly they would have one brave soul run up to the
	tank and insert a crowbar into the tread, immobilizing
	it.  Then the Molotov cocktail teams would close in
	and sent the tank to inferno.

Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book