Prev: Re: Medics in SG2 Next: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell is this?) [long]

Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell isthis?)

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:45:39 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell isthis?)

Christopher Pratt wrote:

>> I like this bit, though I would consider making it one or two dice
which
>> are scored as beam batteries, giving a range of (1 die) 0-3 or (2
dice) 0-6

><<<big 'ol snip>>>
>
>perhaps it would be better to rate the system in terms of
>superior, enhanced,
>ordinary, etc...etc... and have the opposed systems roll off
>for the edge in
>fleet control during that round.
>
>ordinary gets a d6
>enhanced gets a d8
>superior gets a d10
>
>use the difference between the 2 rolls to determine the
>effects.

Well, the reason I stuck with the ol' D6 roll is that the only dice used
in
FT are D6s an so I thought it would be better to stick with that rather
than introducing new die types into it.

The different types of Fleet Cons makes sense though.  Poorer Cons for
smaller control vessels as might be used in small colonial fleets,
larger
and more powerful ones for the battle fleets.  Hmmmm.  Have to think
about
this.

-Kelvin....

   "And how do you suppose we stop them?
      Get a big red sign with the word
	    STOP written on it?"

Prev: Re: Medics in SG2 Next: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell is this?) [long]