Prev: (OT) Was Re: UN ship design Next: RE: [FT] UN ship design

Re: [FT] UN ship design

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:28:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] UN ship design

>Heh.  I remember being told a story about some Serbs guarding a bridge
>who took a pot shot at some French Foreign Legion troops and _hit_
>one...
>
>Next morning that entire group of Serbs woke up unexpectedly dead.
>
>Of course, the FFL didn't know anything about it, no-one snuck through
>their lines or anything...
>
>I have no idea if this is true or not, but it's an interesting story.

I read an account by a Canadian forces Sergeant who was part of the
force
that opened up the Sarajevo airport with General Lewis MacKenzie.
MacKenzie's personal bodyguard was made up of French Marine Commandos,
who
were sent in before the Candians got there (MacKenzie was there for a
while
with his staff setting up operations).	The French Marine contingent,
and
the Canadians once they were there, set up counter-sniper operations
because they were constantly under fire.  Supposedly, one of the French
troops was rather good at his job, and started developing quite the
reputation.  The French eventually had to fly him out of the country
because serious threats were being made against their forces - he was
doing
too much damage...

Prev: (OT) Was Re: UN ship design Next: RE: [FT] UN ship design