Prev: Re: [FT] FTL Travel Next: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

Re: [FT] UN ship design

From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 06:52:45 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] UN ship design

John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Thomas Anderson wrote:
>
> > the rule for impfor or whatever it was called in sarajevo was that
three
> > shots could be fired back if a sniper fired one shot at the un.
french
> > troops quickly took advantage of a loophole in the orders and, when
shot
> > at with an AK47, fired three rounds back from their IFV's 30mm ...
>
> Nobody told the Danes.  Their reaction to sniper fire was 31 rounds of
> 105mm from a Leopard I.  That was also the LAST time anyone shot at
> them.

Heh.  I remember being told a story about some Serbs guarding a bridge
who took a pot shot at some French Foreign Legion troops and _hit_
one...

Next morning that entire group of Serbs woke up unexpectedly dead.

Of course, the FFL didn't know anything about it, no-one snuck through
their lines or anything...

I have no idea if this is true or not, but it's an interesting story.
--
Barry Cadwgan ( BCADWGAN@FL.NET.AU )
http://www.users.fl.net.au/~bcadwgan/homepage.htm

Prev: Re: [FT] FTL Travel Next: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown