Prev: Re: Paint schemes for different ships Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier

[OT] Historical snipers(Was[DS and SG] Snipers)

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:16:56 -0700
Subject: [OT] Historical snipers(Was[DS and SG] Snipers)

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:53:30   John M. Atkinson wrote:
>Thomas Barclay wrote:
>
>> 2) Snipers got killed a lot. (I'm looking up the figures for John A -
>> I think there were few if any Sniper casualties in Vietnam).

Read the biography of Carlos Hathcock. In it he describes some of the
greusome deaths that captured snipers did suffer in Vietnam. There
weren't many VC counter-snipers, but the ones that existed were
extremely vicious.

>Of course, on the Eastern Front in WWII where both sides had serious
>sniper programs (You think that 13mm Soviet thing was being hauled

Can anyone recommend a good historical book covering snipers in WWII in
general (and snipers on the Eastern front, specifically)?

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

Prev: Re: Paint schemes for different ships Next: Re: [DS and SG] Tech dispersal to the frontier