Prev: Re: [FT] UN ship design Next: Re: [FT] UN ship design

Re: [FT] UN ship design

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:07:59 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] UN ship design

> > routine situations ("ho-hum,  Congo's having another revolution.
Let's
> > go supress it.  SOP #3 boys").

Or as my history teacher used to say, "I have nothing planned for the
weekend, let's invade Poland!"

> I think a good way to make the UN troop thing work is that instead of
having
> troops loaned to eth UN on secondment, that the UN recruits its own
forces
> directly. This way you aren't NSL or NAC or New Israeli but you are
UN.
> Think similar to Foreign Legion, but with higher quality peronnel and
> better budget. (differnt ROE though.) This also simplifies committment
of
UN
> forces.

Higher quality personnel before training, or after?  Camerone is pretty
convincing, to me.

I'd agree that direct recruitment would be the logical way to do
things...and therefore I'm convinced the UN will never do it.

Prev: Re: [FT] UN ship design Next: Re: [FT] UN ship design