Prev: Re: [FT] UN ship design Next: Re: [FT] UN ship design

Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:55:22 -0800
Subject: Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

Adrian Johnson wrote:

> who have been cross trained in some of what the engineers do.  Their
> battlefield roles include mine clearance, demolitions, etc.  This
gives the

In other words, the stuff we normally just attach a squad of engineers
down to an infantry company to handle.	Do they do complex obstacles,
engineer recon, obstacle instalations?

> infantry company and battalion commanders an integral unit of troops
at
> their disposal who can react quickly in battle when they need a path
> through a mine field, etc etc.  They also act as a battalion reserve,
and
> are fully capable combat troops.  The Combat Engineers call them
wannabe's
> who couldn't make it as a real engineer, but that's another story...

<cold scorn>Are you in any way implying that Combat Engineers are not
fully capable combat troops? </cold scorn>

John "Combat Engineer and damn proud of it" Atkinson

Prev: Re: [FT] UN ship design Next: Re: [FT] UN ship design