Prev: Re: Theater Air Defense Systems Next: Re: Space carrier fighter philosphyRe: ADLER TAG AAR

Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

From: Thomas.Granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:41:24 -0700
Subject: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Christopher wrote:

> I don't know if i'd be a good idea to start selling CDs
> of music (prolly against copyright) I always figure that
> you ok if no money is involved, but once you start
> charging people, I'm not to sure of you legal situation

   First off, I'm not a lawyer and know almost nothing about
copyright law so everything I say here is just my opinion.
Also, the situation may be different outside of the United
States.

   It is NOT ok to sell recordings of music or even give them
away.  The music business works hard to protect their copyrights,
I mean the recording corparations not so much the musicians.
In addition it is against the law and if caught (which would
be very unlikely) would be required to pay fines.  Whether or
not the companies/musicians would missing out on any money because
of these copies doesn't matter.

    I'm not putting down anyone who makes CD's such as is being
discussed.  I just want to make clear what the legality of doing
so is.	A lot of people do it, and in most cases no harm is done
to the companies or musicians, so it doesn't bother me.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Theater Air Defense Systems Next: Re: Space carrier fighter philosphyRe: ADLER TAG AAR