Prev: Background Music During Games Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Re: An idea for a new weapon (semi-OT]

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:31:08 -0400
Subject: Re: An idea for a new weapon (semi-OT]

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> The URL below has a description of the impacts of Solar Storms and
> Flares on our worldwide power grids. Pretty eye opening.
>
> http://www.mpelectric.com/storms/index.htm
>
> This gives me some ideas for a nasty attack in the FT realm. (I think
> ST has used Solar Flares for direct attack on shipyards, and Niven
> did for shooting down spaceships, but no-one to my knowledge has
> thought of this twist yet):

I always kind of liked the Sun Gun in Stellar Conquest.  You stimulated
a massive, sustained flare in the direction of where the enemy world was
going to be in however many years it would take the flare to reach it,
and sterilize whole planets!

Prev: Background Music During Games Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)