Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR Next: [GZG-All] National Anthems: Was Music and Such

Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:07:22 -0700
Subject: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Los wrote:

> > So long as we're voting for soundtrack cuts: most, if not all of
Conan (Basil Pouleadouris again), and selected bits from Fifth Element
and Stargate would work.

> I have 5th element(I liie the opera peice and subsequent Lelu Dallas
fight. two great pieces. I don't have Stargate, sounds like it's worth
picking up?

Aye, lots of stuff by Verdi (for those who don't know, that's an aria
from Lucia di Lammermoor, which is sorta Romeo and Juliet in a Scottish
setting, by an Italian composer and sung in Italian, which doesn't stop
it from being hauntingly beautiful) is good.  Bits from Aida would also
go well, especially Triumphal March.  The entire Massa da Requiem
provides just the right dark mood.  Swinging over into German music,
Wagner wrote more than the Valkyrie!  Der Fliegende Hollander, or really
any of his overtures.  Post-battle would definitely be Siegfried's Death
and Funeral March, (especially for the flyboys who got waxed!).  The
Russians provide March Slav, 1812 Overture, and Mussorgsky's Great Gate
of Kiev & Night on Bald Mountain.

Also, anything with bagpipes is ideal for fighting to.	:)

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR Next: [GZG-All] National Anthems: Was Music and Such