Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR

Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:27:35 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Los wrote:
> Jim 'Jiji' Foster wrote:
> > >(14,800 pts). Absolutely massive. We had burned two special space
combat
> > >music cds which were playing in the background.
> > May I ask what the playlist for these CDs was?

well asked, senor foster;

> CD ONE
> 1. Holst: Mars the Bringer of War.

as in that story you wrote. the one in then GW universe. name escapes me
(sorry!). i see ...

> 10. The Main title from Das Boot. <Oddly this was playing as teh Kohl
emerged from Claok and let fly with its missles.>

wow! now there's some classic tv.

> 16. Carl Orff: carmina Burana, the last track. <Very much finishing
upteh battle in a crescendo of destruction and victory
> type of thing>

Tom's Text Classical Music Impression. this is definitely wrong:
Da-da da dah! Da-da da dah! da da da daaa da daa dah!
for uk (and poss colonial) listizens, it's off that Old Spice advert.
still, CB and Orff generally is top-notch stuff.

> half music form the seventies UK tv show, UFO and the main title from
the
> UK show, The Thunderbirds.

gerry anderson lives! ok, now i'm scared. very scared.

on a (subtly and only very, very slightly) more serious note, i think a
collective effort at spacewar soundtrack compilation might be
interesting. if not possible. i would add: sibelius, 'pelleas et
melisande' (music from The Sky At Night) at the start or end, the bit i
mentioned from Carmina Burana, and My Kingdom by enigmatic UK oddness
band
Future Sound Of London, as it samples Blade Runner something chronic. if
i'm seriously off-beam here, stop me.

anyway: jon t, yours could be the second games house to release an
album.
sadly, GW came to this conclusion a few years ago. and who says they're
entirely derivative ...

Tom

ps still sorry

Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR