Prev: Re: [SG2] Major Sucess, Tactical defeat Next: Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign [OT]

Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:17:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign

At 02:20 AM 10/13/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Imperium doesn't use the Traveller background AFAIK - at least
>none of the Traveller versions I've seen have mentioned the Earth-
>Vilani war in the early Human space-faring era. 'Course, I haven't
>read that much of the background material.

Imperium begat Traveller and was then incorporated into the "deep
background" type stuff.  Because of this, it's a little touchy to try
inferring backward, since they hadn't fully worked out the details of
their
technology and such.

Actually, the brand new GURPS Traveller (by Loren Wiseman) has a fair
bit
of detail on the period and an extensive timeline.  This was a nice
bonus
since it came out just after we started on this campaign.

Actually, the name "Vilani" never appears in Imperium.	In the game, the
Imperium is always referred to as just that; The Imperium.
Unfortunately,
that became very cumbersome when referring to the game and the political
entity in the same sentence.  Hence, I've taken to referring to them by
their name from Traveller.

Jeff

Prev: Re: [SG2] Major Sucess, Tactical defeat Next: Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign [OT]