Prev: Re: SG II Aliens Colonial Marines names Next: Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign

Re: Silent Death minis [OT]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:24:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Silent Death minis [OT]

Jeff spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> Confused now?  :)

<Frothing Rant Mode On>

If anyone ever develops an "Intelligence Implant", I'd suggest some
of the people at certain major games companies be the first
candidates (well, maybe the second, after the software companies).
It's a combination of this kind of idiocy and the poorest text
editing (don't these guys ever even think of hiring a real copy
editor?) that makes me cringe. AFAIK, SG2 only has a very small
number of typos/errata, and to date, Jon hasn't done anything
seriously brain dead (AFAICS) like re-releasing the same thing under
a different name and serial number while releasing something else
under the same name.... that it just plain dumb. I understand ICE,
GW, etc all have to sell minis galore to keep the engine moving, but
what part of that requires one to do dumb-arse things like
renumbering and issuing something as something else?

Mr. T, if you ever feel a temptation to do something like this,
please resist. Add new things, sure. Fix things that are broke, fine.
Upgrade systems to new versions. But don't lose track of what has
been done before and how it has been numbered. But then, I strongly
suspect that you have too large of a cranium to ever be employed at
GW, ICE, TSR, etc.  (Thank God)

<Frothing Rant Mode Off>
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: SG II Aliens Colonial Marines names Next: Re: Imperium/Full Thrust campaign