Prev: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat Next: Re: [SG II] Terminators!!vs. Marines

Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 00:53:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

Thomas Barclay wrote:

[rule quote on vehicle armour snipped]

> Mea Culpa. Although deck armour must have got a LOT better to be only
> one level lower. It tends to be 1/2 to 1/4 thickness and flat.

That's probably because most combat vehicles in use today were designed
before the OA missiles were invented :-/ Such missiles exist today (the
Swedish army uses them, and I'm pretty sure the US army have bought at
least some as well), so there's no reason why the vehicle designers
shouldn't adapt as fast as they can. A century or two should suffice, I
thing <g>

> But even striking one armour level less is an improvement!

Yep :-)

[Summary of SGII mines vs vehicles rule snipped]

> Well, I'll have to take a look at that. Mines do attack both the
> armour and the suspension parts in RL.

Yes. It is possible to disable a vehicle in SGII completely, but its
armour value doesn't come into the mechanic - only its suspension (the
higher from the ground, the less effect of the mine). How realistic it
is
I don't know - John?

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat Next: Re: [SG II] Terminators!!vs. Marines