Prev: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2] Next: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 00:42:01 +0100
Subject: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Oerjan spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> > If the troop drops from orbit (ie, outside the atmosphere), I'd be
pretty
> > impressed if they managed to stay within 200 meters from one another
:-/

> Using Drop caps? Why?

But the rules you're talking of doesn't use drop capsules! A drop
capsule
is a vehicle, albeit small and unpowered, and is therefore IMO covered
by
the rules for landing vehicles on the previous page (50) - use them
instead, if you want drop capsules rather than individual jumps!

OK, the drop caps are VL only - Vertical Landing, no Take-Off possible
<g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2] Next: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]