Prev: Re: Scattered Units Under Fire Question (SG2] Next: Re: [FT extra rules]

Re: The Kra'Vak

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 11:03:35 -0700
Subject: Re: The Kra'Vak

John Atkinson wrote:

> This would be an alternate form of morale--but they will attempt to
> signal surrender/switch first, probably about the time they hit
> broken.

A quick question re: surrender/switch. At what level does this happen
on? If two KV sqauds are fighting each other, do individuals switch and
start firing on their buddies? Does it work only on teh strike claw (bn)
level, squad levelo, or is the switch factor something that comes down
from Clan HQ?

> Tony and myself hardly consistute list "Conventional Wisdom".  I'm
> doing an alternate campaign with an alternate take on the K'V.  If Jon
>
> decides to adopt our ideas in whole or in part I will of course be
> honored, but regardless I will use them.  I'm trying to think of a
> species that thinks as well as a man, but not like a man.  Without
> falling too far into SciFi cliches.

True but since there's very little on teh KV and Jon doesn't usually
dole out such tidbits onthe list, and somethingis put out that makes
sense, then that's what I like to go with.

> It's likely that the first few battles in any campaign would see KV
> trying to surrender/switch.  After the first few a slaughtered they
> will be going berserk.

Yes due to the alienness between the two races and the fact that first
contact starts out with combat, it's very easy for those early
encounters to set the tone for the entire war. Perhaps somewhat like us
and Japan?

Los

Prev: Re: Scattered Units Under Fire Question (SG2] Next: Re: [FT extra rules]