Prev: Re: Figure's Personal Equipment Next: RE: (FT) Kra'Vak Name Scheme

RE: 20mm Figures for SGII (was Figure's Personal Equipment)

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:53:09 -0500
Subject: RE: 20mm Figures for SGII (was Figure's Personal Equipment)

I feel the need to add my $0.02, like any good 'netizen'...

For me, 25mm (true) is the way to go.  I find it very versatile - I can
do
squad actions, like SG2, and skirmish, like FMA.  I like the level of
detail & personality I find in well sculpted 25mm.  GZG fits this bill
very
well.  I don't find the battlefield crowded - but I like dense terrain,
anyway.

A few other reasons - we're delving way into the level of personal
preference here, so beware of rants...

I only have so much money to go around.  There's a lot of scales out
there.
 I pick a few, & stick with 'em.  Capital Ship (FT), 6mm (DS2) & 25mm
true
(SG2).	Why 25mm as opposed to 15 or 20?  I just don't see it out there.

 If I look for sci-fi minis, I find the following: GW & GZG.  Both 25mm.

 Both have provided HUGE selections for their 25mm line.  I've been to
every major (& probably minor) game store in Indiana, and I just don't
see
the other scales out there.  If I want 25mm or 6mm buildings, they're
easy
to find.  Vehicles?  Same.

This, of course, may be due to the fact that Indiana has a pretty low
population compared to other locales & the absolute predominance of GW
(slowly challenged by GZG), 'cause we Hoosiers laakh our powurgamin'
simpul.  Many other reasons are possible.  But even when I look at
mail-order catalogs, I still see that the vast preponderance of sci-fi
minis are in 25mm - namely, GZG.  Why leave a good thing?

I'd love to see more 25mm WW1/WW2 , Vietnam & modern minis.  They'd be
great with SG2.  But GZG has, for me, become the reason to stick with
25mm
minis - through very high craftsmanship, quality & selection.

Noah