Prev: Newbie question Next: Re: subs in spaaace

Re: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space

From: PCARON <Pcaron@c...>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:26:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Jonathan Jarrard wrote:

> Beth Fulton wrote:
>
> (I wonder if Hitler would have had a slightly different view if
> he'd realised that Caucasians are the only "race" known (so far) to
> have Neanderthal genetic markers in their make-up?).

OK, I'm confused.  Mixing "race" and Neanderthal in the same sentence is
confusing me.  I guess I don't know what the "official" definition of
"race" is.  I thought "race" was based on superficial characteristics
like
skin color and other trivial things.  I am genuinely confused.	Could
anyone help with a definition from a good dictionary/textbook?

Thanks,

Pete

P.S. Private email may be preferable to clogging the mailgroup with this
OT post (much like mine, now that I think about it ;)

Prev: Newbie question Next: Re: subs in spaaace